In this section you can find various materials that the IMA and others have published to promote and facilitate greater standardisation, automation and improved operational efficiency when dealing with authorised investment funds.
- Electronic Renunciation Agreement - April 2009 (for use by financial institutions)
- Form of Renunciation for Investment Funds (December 1997)
- Stock transfer form for investment funds (May 2014)
- Guidance Notes
- Self-certification for individuals (May 2014)
- Self-certification for entities (May 2014)
Fund Processing Passport
The Fund Processing Passport (FPP) provides reference information concerning a number of funds, primarily to assist financial institutions when they need to deal in units. The IMA has established a central repository for FPPs in the UK, which fund managers have been invited to populate with FPPs for their funds.
The repository can be searched and individual FPPs downloaded using the FPP search engine.
Guidance and other publications
- FSA-confirmed industry guidance on electronic renunciation/transfer - April 2009
- IMA Fund Processing Principles - updated April 2012
- EFAMA Report on standardisation of fund processing in Europe - updated March 2011
- IMA Fund Processing Newsletter - October 2007
- IMA Fund Processing Newsletter - March 2010
ISO 20022 message implementation - UK Funds Market Practice Group
In line with its global parent Securities Market Practice Group, the UKFMPG is now publishing all new message implementation guidelines vie the SWIFT MyStandards platform. Access to the guidelines marked as such requires a MyStandards account, which can be created by anyone free of charge. Further details may be found using the "MyStandards Read Me First" link below. The others are contained in ZIP files, which may be downloaded from this page.
- MyStandards Read Me First
- Account opening - March 2010
- Subscription/Redemption/Switch orders (zip) - August 2009
- Investment portfolio and fund transfers - basic (Mystandards) - April 2013
- Investment portfolio and fund transfers - extended (MyStandards) - April 2013
- Share class conversions (MyStandards) - August 2014
- UKFMPG constitution - January 2012
- Contact the UKFMPG